Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog Conclusion :(

My blog over the course of this year has given me a little vault in which to store all of my own ideas, feelings and opinions. It was the last ting I would do on a Friday night. That simple and yet bright end to my long week at school. My blog is a part of me, I must have invested hours of time into it, and that makes me happy. My blog has been something to make me laugh and reflect on my peers. I am proud of it, I know I did my very best on it that I ever could have possibly done. I never missed a single blog, not one!
I have learnt a variety or things while working on this blog over the year. I have learnt how to proficiently evaluate myself on what I could have done better or worked more on, and what I did a good job on. I’ve learned to recognize others ideas and understand peoples ways of thinking outside of my own little world. I’ve figured out how to tell what kind of a person I am and some of what other people are like, and act outside of our little English class. I now know how to understand how to voice things that I haven’t been sure of in books, plays, or poems.
I can reflect on how my knowledge has grown, how I have grown. I look back on my blogs from earlier this year and compare them up to the ones closer to the end of the year. It amazes me how much I have changed in my style and how my outlook on things differ. There are those unique traits, however small they might be, that are spiritual to me, that have stayed with me throughout the year, and that by the looks of it probably always will.
I have a quote here, it’s long but it has meaning to me:
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” –Charles R. Swindoll
I believe this quote is true to all people. Life is about how you see things, Is the glass half empty, or half full? Are you an optimistic person or do you need to cheer up a little? I think that everyone’s glass is half full. and always will be, it will always be just a matter of maybe changing your viewpoint. I have had fun throughout this year in English and I have made friends that I know I’ll keep.

Here’s My English extra credit project, It’s a poem. I spent a while on it. I hope you like it.

A year to remember

A year to remember,
As I know I’ll look back and think deeply,
I’ll think of it years from now,
when I’m old and gray.
I’ll sit on my chair on the porch,

And remember our class,
Keenan with his crew stories,
Luke with his intelligent looking glasses,
Michael our favorite (and only) TA,
I know I’ll sit back far away.

I’ll log on to my only blog,
I’ll think and I’ll think,
And recall what make me write those things,
And I’ll smile,

This has been a year to remember,
Now from mid June past September,
I’ll forget and let it all blow away,
Only to remember when I’m old and gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment