Sunday, April 11, 2010

EC blog: English reflection....

After moving 9000 miles from my home in scotland, I went into middle-school thinking it was the easiest thing in the world. after finishing up the year and then staying behind to retake 8th grade... and then jumping up to ninth I decided to take honors english. I enjoy the class discussions and micro-analyzing peoples ever word. I love most of the books we read and if I don't love them I'll find someway of enjoying them. I learnt more in a month of taking this class that I did in a year at my last school. I've recommended this class to a fair amount of younger friends ( mostly 8th graders). I tell them that it isn't as hard as it seem if you just let yourself free and have fun.

All of the topic's we've gone over, through, or in-between since the beginning of the year have been a good learning experience. I never knew half of the words we now use commonly in our class and I most times one of the three new things I try to learn every day comes from my Honors English class. Also i can't wait to read Romeo and Juliet!

Thank you Mrs. Gilman

No comments:

Post a Comment